- Achieve your desired target weight first, but not in the month before surgery.
- Make sure you are exercising at least thirty minutes per day.
- Be sure to have a healthy diet with a variety of vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants.
- Keep alcohol consumption at less than two to three drinks per week.
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before undergoing surgery to promote better healing.
- Avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs: Advil, Motrin, Aleve), and vitamins/homeopathic regimens that can increase bleeding.
- Establish a no-fail support system for the full recovery period dictated by your surgeon. This is most critical to your recovery.
- If you have children less than five years of age, you must have someone to take care of them for at least two weeks.
- Lifting, driving, laundry, and cleaning are absolutely prohibited.
The Day of The Surgery
Your mommy makeover surgery may be performed in an accredited hospital, free-standing ambulatory
facility, or office-based surgical suite. Your surgeon will give you an estimate of how long your surgery
will last based on the procedures you have decided to undergo.
You will receive medications to keep you comfortable during the surgical procedure. Local anesthesia combined with sedation may be an option, or you will receive general anesthesia. An anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist will be present to administer sedatives or general anesthesia and assist in monitoring. For your safety during the surgery, various monitors will be used to check your heart, blood pressure, pulse, and the amount of oxygen circulating in your blood.