What is Adjustable
A weight loss surgery, Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding (LAGB) is also know as “Gastric Banding” or “Lap Band” It is one of the least invasive surgeries aimed at weight reduction. Here, a band of silicone is inserted around the stomach to narrow the passage and lessen food intake. The word banding itself is suggestive of the character of the surgery, one that can be adjusted and if needed, reversed. An individual may opt for this surgery, only after other methods like dieting, exercising and several lifestyle modifications have been tried and failed.
In Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding, the surgeon makes 1-5 small incisions of about a centimeter on the patient’s abdomen. With the support of a screen and a camera that is inserted through the incisions, he inserts a silicone band filled with saline solution, around the stomach to restrict the nutrient intake by creating a narrow passage. This is done around the upper section of the stomach. Once inserted, the band’s tightness can be adjusted by the addition or removal of the saline solution through a port placed just under the abdominal skin. There is no cutting or stapling inside the belly during this procedure. The band helps reduce the stomach’s capacity to hold food, making the patient feel more satisfied and full quickly, thereby reducing the calorie intake and promoting weight loss.
Before & After
- Cures or improves diabetes, sleep apnea, hypertension, and at least 12 other medical conditions.
- Low risk of complications.
- Fully reversible.
- Minimalistic scarring and most patients can get back to work within a week, depending on their job type.
- The gastric band can also be adjusted as per the percentage of weight loss, post-surgery.
- Month 3 Average: About 20% of excess weight is lost;
- Month 6 Average: About 30% of excess weight is lost;
- Month 12 Average: About 40% of excess weight is lost;
- 2 Years Average: More than 50% of excess weight is lost.
However, these are only averages. LAP-BAND surgery patients’ weight loss ranges from 25-80% of their excess weight.
- Hospital Stay: 1 day or less.
- Time Off Work: 1 to 3 weeks.
- Full Recovery:4 to 6 weeks.
What happens the day of "Gastric Banding" Surgery?
What happens during "Adjustable Gastric Banding" surgery?
What happens after "Adjustable Gastric Banding" surgery?
Can I get pregnant after "Adjustable Gastric Banding" Surgery?
Will sutures be removed after "Adjustable Gastric Banding" ?
Xseer is a trusted digital Medical Travel hub that facilitates easy access to the world’s leading network of healthcare providers. The perfect blend of different treatments and affordable travel packages is what keeps Xseer a notch above the rest.
Is a trusted digital Medical Travel hub that facilitates easy access to the world’s leading network of healthcare providers. The perfect blend of different treatments and affordable travel packages is what keeps Xseer a notch above the rest.
UAE | Spain | Greece | Turkey | India | Malaysia | Thailand | Cyprus | South Korea | Croatia | Russia | Ukraine